NANOG Mailing List

William B. Norton wbn at merit.edu
Fri May 30 21:17:37 UTC 1997

Hello -

I would like to ask that we all take a deep breath and refrain from the
attacks, retaliations from attacks, and the subsequent comments on the
attacks.  This will  not likely lead to anything good.

It seems to me that we have an issue about the appropriate use of the NANOG
mailing list forum. I would like to suggest that during the open session
Friday afternoon we spawn a small group to draft a nanog mailing list AUP,
and perhaps draft a charter for a couple of new nanog-XXX lists.  We can
then post the document to the nanog list(s) and implement the policy.

Bill