NANOG: Why is this list going to /dev/null?

esteban gutierrez esteban at lethe.ceap.net
Fri May 30 19:07:53 UTC 1997

Folks-
I am really sorry to see people leaving this list because of the inane DNS
squabbling. Don't get me wrong it's important stuff to discuss. So rather
than having this list get moderated (thereby losing its rare but timely
problem announcements), why can't Fleming et al. create a new list and
take all DNS issues there (Heck, call it nanog-dns).  It is really
disappointing to see valuable people leave because of the noise.  Let's
get this list back to North American network operations issues and cut out
the political bull.

Esteban Gutierrez
US ARMY Corps of Engineers
CEAP Global Network Operations Center