Bye...

Mike Leber mleber at he.net
Fri May 30 17:19:15 UTC 1997

On Fri, 30 May 1997 bmanning at ISI.EDU wrote:
> -IF-
> 	there is a kind person who would be willing to
> 	forward me material relevent to network operations
> 	I'd appreciate it.
> 	Voting w/ his unsubscribe key....

Just bloody great.  You and Paul are about to leave because of Jim, Karl,
et al.  What ever public worthwhile technical list you join Jim, Karl,
etc. will follow.  You and Paul (and no doubt several others that silently
unsubscribed) are valuable contributors to this list.  It is a crying
shame to think that you are going to let your voices be silenced by the
DNS discussion fungus.

If the NANOG list needs to be moderated to keep you and others then so be
it.

I volunteer to moderate if nobody else is willing.  I will use a simple
rule.  I will filter any message that mentions DNS politics.  I will
filter any message whose sole content is an ad hominem attack.  I think
that should cover about 95% of the traffic of late.

Mike.

| Mike Leber             Direct Internet Connections     Voice 408 282 1540 |
| Hurricane Electric      Web Hosting & Co-location        Fax 408 971 3340 |
| mleber at he.net                                           http://www.he.net |