IAHC Plan rejectd by US Gov't

Paul A Vixie paul at vix.com
Thu May 29 23:04:30 UTC 1997

I've never understood the question of US Government support.  They need to
use .GOV and they should be taking charge of .US and they certainly have a
clear claim to .MIL, and that's pretty much the end of it.  I certainly do
not wait on the likes of Brian Kahin to tell me what to put into BIND, and
I can only guess that the IANA doesn't care what Brian Kahin thinks ought
to be put into "." either.

Having Kahin's group announce that they don't like the IAHC plan is about
as relevant as having them announce a position on Hong Kong's government or
the price of tea in China.

Internet "BIG".  US Government "little".  I wonder, if the French government
were to announce that they supported or didn't support the IAHC plan, whether
anybody would even comment on it?

There are, by the way, some mailing lists missing from the "CC" header in this
thread.  If we're going to spam NANOG, shouldn't we spam BASKET-WEAVERS too?