AGIS, IEMMC Halt Bulk E-Mail

John R. Levine johnl at iecc.com
Wed May 28 14:26:12 UTC 1997

>But did they use AGIS to send it?  The press release says in part:

Yes.  I log spam attempts by network number, I've been getting plenty
of spam direct from AGIS customers today.

Of course, the concept that anyone would care what network their load
of spam came from is breathtaking in its arrogant stupidity.  Gee,
Cyber Promo is now spamming me from IDCI rather than AGIS.  Am I
supposed to be grateful?

>So what does the AGIS press release add up to?

That should be pretty obvious.

--
John R. Levine, IECC, POB 640 Trumansburg NY 14886 +1 607 387 6869
johnl at iecc.com, Village Trustee and Sewer Commissioner, http://iecc.com/johnl,