SPAM: Accept Credit Cards Online! (fwd)

Bill Becker bbecker at iconn.net
Wed May 28 12:27:59 UTC 1997

On Tue, 27 May 1997, Aleph One wrote:

> Didnt CyberPromo said they would stop spamming until the whole database
> of people that didnt want spam was ready ? Didnt they say they wold kick
> people out of their little organization for not complying?

I got one Monday from uunet relayed through earthlink, which adverstised
some LD service.  The spam advised me to check their website at
http://205.199.212.65 which is one of you-know-who's /24s.  The message
was dated 5-13, but it was sent from a uunet dialup on may 26th.

So much for truth in advertising.

By the way -- Is it just me or is Earthlink becoming the premier spam
relay on the internet?  I'm getting lots of crap from PSI and uunet
dialups, relayed via earthlink.

Bill