spam stopped for now

dhudes at inet.graphnet.com dhudes at inet.graphnet.com
Tue May 27 17:26:02 UTC 1997

Over the past few days best-service.com has been
using Graphnet Global Internet Services mail server,
which runs Netscape Mail Server, to send spam to lots
of folks. The queue delays have mounted and an interim fix
has been implemented while we work on redoing our mail
infrastructure to protect the weak and vulnerable Netscape
Mail Server.  Having identified the sending domain,
our gateway router now has a filter to block all connections
from their /20. Yup, these slime have a /20 from MCI.

Our corporate powers-that-be are reviewing action to be taken.
Best-service.com is in Manhattan, we are in Teaneck NJ
so it is easy enough to sue/firebomb/prosecute/? if it can
be arranged.

Dana Hudes
Graphnet