What have you done for me lately?

Joseph T. Klein jtk at titania.net
Wed May 21 05:47:17 UTC 1997

I belive it will take a volunteer effort ...

--- On Wed, 21 May 1997 00:56:00 -0400 (EDT)  Todd Graham Lewis <lists at reflections.eng.mindspring.net> wrote:

> For everyone bitching about the S/N on Nanog, I have a few questions:
>
> - Where's the "Official Nanog IGPs for Dummies" book?

Some people have put together some good tutorial pages ...
Check http://www.titania.net/ for some links to the few I know of ..
I would be happy to send Merit an HTML copy for the NANOG pages
(minus any commercial content).

> - How about the virtual-RADB-workshop software for Windows and Linux, so
>   college students and waiters at cybercafe's can start practicing the
>   registering of their route objects?

Download the software and run it at home ... ;-)

> - "OpenIOS", the IOS clone for Unix that lets people practice router
>   configuration and monitoring w/o shelling out $1k for a 2501?

This should be gated ... development and research licence is free
... just need to write the gated consortium.

> - Where's the official Nanog "Reccommended Practices" archive,
>   encapsulating years of hard-won wisdom on the part of NANOs?

Yeah ... the stuff you can hardly see between the flames. We need
a few people to gleen the list and turn it into a web page.

Perhaps the best ideas and hints of the year page.

> Where are the mailing lists for these Nanog-sanctioned projects so I can
> spend my evenings helping out instead of flaming lusers like Hurst on
> Nanog?

Got me ...

> Does anyone give a shit about training the next generation of network
> operators, or maybe increasing the clue factor of the present one?

Yes.  ... even training this generation.

> ... Or
> does my flaming Fleming wannabe's on Nanog reflect the generally cynical
> attitude among members towards Nanog in general?
>
> --
> Todd Graham Lewis

Perhaps Paul Vixie can lead the discussion on the last subject. ;-)

or don't read postings with ^\@ or " ?" in them.
From:   Joseph T. Klein, Titania Corporation http://www.titania.net
E-mail: jtk at titania.net  Sent:   00:47:17 CST/CDT 05/21/97

If the Internet stumbles, it will not be because we lack for technology,
vision, or motivation. It will be because we cannot set a direction
and march collectively into the future.
                      -- http://info.isoc.org/internet-history/#Future