Outage Reports

Dalvenjah FoxFire dalvenjah at dal.net
Thu May 15 17:39:54 UTC 1997

Cyril Jaouich put this into my mailbox:

> On Wed, 14 May 1997, Rizwan Ahmad wrote:
>
> > Hi, I have been asked to put together a data base of internet outages and
> > trouble spots on a daily basis.  I was wondering what mail lists, web
> > pages, and other tools are there out there that will help me with this
> > task.
>
> 	Subscribe to outage at dal.net, MCI and Sprint post there, you also
> get outage on IRC servers and a few other.

As a quick note, make sure you mail majordomo at dal.net with a body of
'subscribe outage'. Mailing outage at dal.net will make the message bounce to
me, like the other fifteen or so today already have, and you won't get
subscribed }:>.

(BTW: If you run some sort of largish network provider[1], feel free to cc:
your outage posts to 'outage at dal.net'...)

[1] This left vague on purpose.

-dalvenjah

--
 Dalvenjah FoxFire (aka Sven Nielsen)  I'd like mornings better if they
 Founder, the DALnet IRC Network       started later.

 e-mail: dalvenjah at dal.net             WWW: http://www.dal.net/~dalvenjah/
 whois: SN90                           Try DALnet! http://www.dal.net/