Your liability

The Dawn Patrol hipcrime at post1.com
Wed May 14 07:19:46 UTC 1997

Geoff White,

We have watched with some amusement the antics of your friend
Robert, but we can long longer sit back passively and just
watch as he continues to cause others harm and grief.

In addition to his many other transgressions, he is now threatening
people with hack attacks on their systems and with physical
harm.  This, and all of his many other crimes must end immediately.

We are in now in the process of insuring that Robert's web presence
will be revoked in all of the places he has infected with it.  For
the moment, we have decided to allow him to keep his E-mail accounts
but we will quickly arrange for those also to be revoked if he
insists on continuing to cause harm and annoyance to others on the
net.

More importantly however, we will henceforth be holding you and
your v-site.net site responsible for and further crimes that he
commits online against the people he thinks are his enemies.  If
there are any security-related incidents at any of the sites run
by any of these people, we will find out about it, and you will
then be forced to deal with similar unfortunate events at your
own site.  If necessary, we will also and likewise respond to
any hacking activities by Robert with additional measures against
vcinternet.

We are certain that you have a significant investment in hardware
and software at your site that you would not like to have placed
in jeopardy, so it is in your interest now to contact your friend
Robert and have him cease his threats and attacks on people on the
Internet.  We suggest that you use all means of persuasion at your
disposal to do this, and that you do it immediately.  No further
warnings will be sent to you regarding this matter.

The Dawn Patrol

Now Robert did have a Web account here months ago, he was canned for
misusing my sendmail daemon with his fameous Java applet that let's
you spam the net by surfing for <mailto> tags. He is long gone
but now I have to deal with clueless vigilanties who are threatening
to hack my systems because of someone long gone, hey is this the french
revolution or what?

In any event if it get to this I will toast anybody who trys to
f*ck with my systems.

    geoffw