EarthLink eats spammers for lunch

rbenn at clark.net rbenn at clark.net
Fri May 9 11:49:36 UTC 1997

On Thu, 8 May 1997, Wayne Bouchard wrote:

> Hmm.. I'd be interested to read more of the details of this ruling
> (circumstances, etc). Wonder if this is perhaps the basis for simply
> declaring unsolicited email advertizing illegal even if it would only
> be a token gesture. (yeah, we can dream.. And while we're at it, more
> money is always nice.)

The ruling actually had some meat in it as far as what can and can't be
done.  It also called for the award of monetary damages to be paid.
Whether or not it is enforceable and by whom remains to be seen.

You can read some more of the details from several articles I've linked
from my spam war page at:
	http://www.clark.net/pub/rbenn/spam.html

Randy