NAP building

Richard Almeida rpa at insnet.net
Thu May 8 16:54:51 UTC 1997

In a previous message Neil J. McRae wrote:

> Make sure it isn't Telehouse though! Someone at Telehouse London pressed
> the wrong button and took out the entire power to the south side of
> the building, nearly ever ISP in the UK, and the LINX too, was knocked
> out for around 45 minutes today.

Sorry, only UK ISPs that are careless enough to route *all* their International
connectivity thru Telehouse were "knocked out" - We, and various others ONLY
lost connectivity to those customers with a single line to our equipment
in Telehouse.
UK->UK traffic (to those other ISPs that survived) just re-routed
through Stockholm, Amsterdam, USA etc etc etc

> I now know of 3 instances this year of this type of failure at TH London.

Sorry, Telehouse has a *much* better power record than most places I know -
some of the US mae's dont even have mains backup supply.

> Neil

Richard Almeida
Internet Network Services Ltd, UK