IAHC Backtracks on Registrar Lottery

Karl Denninger karl at Mcs.Net
Wed May 7 21:15:31 UTC 1997

On Wed, May 07, 1997 at 02:26:33PM -0400, Perry E. Metzger wrote:

> Cameo Wood writes:
> > Acting only five days after its highly publicized adoption of a new system
> > of registering new domain names, the International Ad Hoc Committee
> > announced Tuesday that it will remove its limit on registrars.
>
> There is no IAHC any more. The IAHC finished its work and disbanded.
>
> The rest of your posting is also a mischaracterization. The POC and
> PAB folks announced that we're exploring removing the limits -- no
> formal proposal has yet been made.
>
> Perry
> speaking personally, and not in any official capacity

So David Crocker did not tell the truth in the panel discussion yesterday at
N+I (at which I and others spoke?)

Either it has been removed or it has not.  If it has, then it has.  If it
has not, then saying that it has in a public forum with video cameras
rolling is misleading AT BEST.

Karl Denninger (karl at MCS.Net)| MCSNet - The Finest Internet Connectivity
http://www.mcs.net/~karl     | T1's from $600 monthly to FULL DS-3 Service
			     | 99 Analog numbers, 77 ISDN, http://www.mcs.net/
Voice: [+1 312 803-MCS1 x219]| NOW Serving 56kbps DIGITAL on our analog lines!
Fax:   [+1 312 803-4929]     | 2 FULL DS-3 Internet links; 400Mbps B/W Internal