IAHC Backtracks on Registrar Lottery

Stephen Sprunk spsprunk at paranet.com
Wed May 7 15:52:05 UTC 1997

The IAHC's proposal can be found at
"http://www.iahc.org/draft-iahc-recommend-00.html".  Any cutomers
(including yourself) will need to contact one of the new registrars to get
a domain registered (similar to how you go to InteRNIC for .com domains.)
unless you are a registrar yourself.  The requirements for becoming
elligible to be a registrar are also listed in that document.

Please note that the domains are not scheduled to be available for over a
year from now.

Information about the IAHC, its procedures, and its recommendations, as
well as endorsing parties can be found at "http://www.iahc.org/".

Stephen