UUNET Pulling Peering - Core Issues

Arman Khalili arman at sirius.com
Mon May 5 17:50:29 UTC 1997

We have had Uunet as a transit NSP for almost 2 years now and
one of the main reason we choose Uunet was their open peering
policy.  Uunet will learn a good leason if they choose to take
the same path as CIX did in 94.
After all there are other providers that can easily step in
and get a large market share from Uunet ( Digex, genuity
you should be having meetings right about now ).

What we will see is that Uunet will learn that their monthly
revenue will go down and complains will go up, and they will
rethink their policy.

Arman Khalili
Sirius Connections