Coincidence...

Robert E. Seastrom rs at bifrost.seastrom.com
Mon May 5 04:08:46 UTC 1997

When Sprint initially enacted peering requirements, I asked several
UUnet employees whether they were planning to do the same.  The answer
was without exception that UUnet pursues peering with all technically
qualified providers at all exchange points, because that results in
the best connectivity for UUnet customers.

At about that time, there was a UUnet ad in the print media that
featured a never-completed freeway on-ramp to I-95 in Baltimore.
As I was driving north to Boston last Friday, I noted wryly that said
ramp was being dismantled.

                                        ---Rob