eDNS - Temporary Freeze

Tim Salo salo at msc.edu
Sun May 4 22:48:14 UTC 1997

> Date: Sun, 4 May 1997 09:21:07 -0700 (PDT)
> From: Michael Dillon <michael at memra.com>
> Subject: Re: eDNS - Temporary Freeze
> 	[...]
> Where does NSI get the idea that it can abscond with the database it
> developped under contract when the contractor is the U.S. government.
> 	[...]

Perhaps, from the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FARs).

Perhaps, from West Publishing.  (It may be instructive to examine some of
the West Publishing issues.)

NSI might assert copyright of the .com database, (the database with, for
example, the contact information, payment information, etc.).  I believe
that Federal contractors own the copyright for work done under
government contract.

The U.S. government probably has fairly broad rights to the .com database
developed by NSI under government contract.  However, the U.S. government
may not have the right to give it to someone else.

(I am not a lawyer...)

-tjs