NAME SPACE ISSUES

Matthew E. Pearson mpearson at games-online.com
Mon May 5 21:08:19 UTC 1997

To Sum up.. so I stop getting practically spammed about this..

IAHC's proposal I think stinks.. its horrible.. gTLDs are a waste and it
makes trademarking issues 10x as complex because now you have to register
11 TLDs for your company instead of 2 or 3. You can disagree if you want
to.. I think 2nd level domains in .US would make more sense.. every other
country does this and it WORKS.
Nuff' said.

IAHC's proposal may stink, it may be the salvation of the net, take your
pick. But UNFORTUNATLY -NO- other group has come up with a counter proposal
that makes ANY sense that gets feedback from the same broad-based
membership IAHC's signees have. IAHC went out of their way to make it
non-partisan. Every other DNS hack out there has said "our way is best, use
us!" without issuing any type of public proposal, publish forums, and
public comments.

So for better or worse we are stuck with IAHC's proposal and solution
because NOBODY else came up with ANYTHING better. If the 4-5 other DNS
groups had banded together at the onset instead of knifing each other in
the back for $50 than maybe something good would have come out of their
efforts.

Give it up. IAHC wins... because nobody opposed it with a REASONABLE
counter-proposal...

Matt

Matthew E. Pearson
Vice President of Development