UUNET Pulling Peering Agreements

Alex Rubenstein alex at nac.net
Sat May 3 17:21:35 UTC 1997

What? Are you kidding? Where does it say anywhere that UUNet is required to
connect/peer with anyone? Just because you are at a MAE doesn't give you
the rught to peer. I think anyone who sues over the pulling of peering is
simply crying like a little girl. The only mistake I think UU Net (or any
for that matter) every made was to peer with smaller networks in the first
place.

>> Currently we peer with UUNet across Mae-West and have for over
>> two years. We have been trying to extend this peering to the many
>> other NAP's where we have DS3 connectivity for over 10 months now,
>> as sound network design would indicate, but these efforts have been
>> repeatedly rejected by UUNet. Recently, we also recieved the "from
>> letter" telling us our peering would be shut off in June.  We have
>> so far declined to sign the NDA papers with UUNet regarding this.
>>
>> We are seeking a solution to the the problem without entering into
>> a dead-end NDA that prevents us from actually doing so. I encourage
>> others who are in the same boat to contact us to exchange thoughts
>> on the matter.
>>
>> Best Regards,
>>
>> Adam Waters
>
>I suggest considering a class legal action and/or a direct call to the FTC
>asking for an investigation if you believe this behavior is anti-competitive.
>
>--
>--
>Karl Denninger (karl at MCS.Net)| MCSNet - The Finest Internet Connectivity
>http://www.mcs.net/~karl     | T1's from $600 monthly to FULL DS-3 Service
>			     | 99 Analog numbers, 77 ISDN, http://www.mcs.net/
>Voice: [+1 312 803-MCS1 x219]| NOW Serving 56kbps DIGITAL on our analog
lines!
>Fax:   [+1 312 803-4929]     | 2 FULL DS-3 Internet links; 400Mbps B/W
Internal