new domain name space approved

Curt Howland howland at conxion.com
Fri May 2 15:26:32 UTC 1997

So now, rather than having just .COM and .NET, an ISP will
have to add .FIRM, .WEB, at least, to minimize peoples
confusion.

The reason so many people went to .COM was because that
way no one had to REMEMBER the .COM part. It's not like
www.Intel.SC.CA.US is ever going to be seen on a billboard,
regardless of the price difference.

Oh, the pains people go through to have short names.

The need for a good index is going to be more now than ever,
with having to search 12 possible names looking for "bizname.?"

Gee, I just stepped on another good intention. Wonder where
this road goes?

Curt-