Anti-SPAM announcement from AT&T Worldnet

Jonathan Clark jhc at lynxhub.att.com
Sat Mar 29 20:04:07 UTC 1997

	> Any email...even regular questions/replies....I think specific
	> types of email would be more appropriate..."spam","obscene" etc.

	I read it as clearly stating that _any_ mail (not limited to spam
	or obscene, etc.) being relayed (not to or from an AT&T Worldnet
	customer) will not be delivered by AT&T Worldnet's mail servers.

``We have reserved the right to treat such mail any way we deem appropriate,''.
This may include actually delivering it, but in the vast majority
of cases I do not expect the mail to reach its intended destination(s).

We will be keeping statistics and I hope to be able to present these
in some public forum in due course.

Jonathan