NAPs - Temperature vs Packet loss

Nathan Stratton nathan at netrail.net
Sat Mar 29 01:37:32 UTC 1997

On Fri, 28 Mar 1997, Michael Dillon wrote:

> electronic equipment. I know I have frequently solved problems with all
> sorts of equipment (computers, modems, terminal servers, routers) by
> dropping the ambient room temperature to below the level where it is
> comfortable for people to work, i.e. around 15 degrees. or by adding fans
> internally or externally.

We had a problem with this at the Atlanta-NAP, people were complaining
that it was to cold. When we warmed it up a bit, we started having
problems. So now we just tell them to dress warmly. :-)

Nathan Stratton                                President, NetRail,Inc.
Phone   (888)NetRail                           NetRail, Inc.
Fax     (404)522-1939                          230 Peachtree Suite 500
WWW     http://www.netrail.net/                Atlanta, GA 30303
"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about
itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."           Matthew 6:34