Ascend/Netstar GRF 400

Nathan Stratton nathan at netrail.net
Sat Mar 29 01:33:14 UTC 1997

On Fri, 28 Mar 1997, Chris A. Icide wrote:

> Is anyone successfuly using one of these?  I've got one in the labs
> here, and have found some interesting problems.  Ascend engineers
> are hot on the problems, but I was wondering if anyone else has any
> experience.

Yes, our network is now cisco free! We have been using the GRF1600s for
several months in our network. We have found a few problems, but Ascend
has been VERY fast to fix them. So far they blow away the Cisco solution
we were using.

> Our current problems seem to be related to buffer overruns on the
> ATM/Q card.

We have not used the ATM/Q card a lot, but I am sure Ascend can fix any
problem you may have. We are using cascade 900s as backbone switches into
the GRF 1600s via HSSI. We plan to move this to OC3 as soon as we finish
testing.

Nathan Stratton                                President, NetRail,Inc.
Phone   (888)NetRail                           NetRail, Inc.
Fax     (404)522-1939                          230 Peachtree Suite 500
WWW     http://www.netrail.net/                Atlanta, GA 30303
"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about
itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."           Matthew 6:34