NSI is not the InterNIC

Jim Fleming JimFleming at unety.net
Wed Mar 26 20:24:17 UTC 1997

To help confirm that the InterNIC and NSI are not the same
and that a new management team is running NSI...

November 1, 1996...[1]
	"Gabe Battista officially became the new CEO for NSI"

November 12, 1996...[2]
	According to the IAHC, Dr. Don Telage is the President of NSI
	and "Network Solutions will participate and support this effort
	enthusiastically"...is that what happened...?

January 1997...[3]
	According to ARIN, "Donald N. Telage, Ph.D, President
	and Chief Operating Officer at Network Solutions Inc....
	has become active in the governance community of the
	Internet.."...where ?

February 1997...[4]
	According to the redesigned NSI web site..http://www.netsol.com
	"Don Telage, Senior VP Internet Relations and Special Projects"
	is one of the contact people, other InterNIC people are not
	mentioned.

March 11, 1997...
	"Network Solutions and Leading ISPs Launch Premier
	Domain Registration Service Program"
	INTERNET WORLD, LOS ANGELES
	"CompuServe, DIGEX, Earthlink, iServer, MCI, MindSpring,
	Netcom Interactive, Rapidsite, SuperNet, Inc. and TIAC
	have all signed agreements with Network Solutions"

March 24, 1997...[5]
	According to Kim Hubbard of the InterNIC (kimh at internic.net)
	"As for the status of ARIN, there are still a few issues that will
	need to be resolved before we can proceed.  These are political/
	financial issues between NSF and NSI."

[1] @@@@ http://www.netsol.com

"Network Solutions, Inc. and the InterNIC will be moving forward
under both old and new leadership. On November 1, 1996
Gabe Battista officially became the new CEO for NSI. Formerly
president and chief executive officer at Cable and Wireless, Inc.,
Battista brings years of experience and leadership in the
networking technology field to the top position at NSI.
Don Telage continues in the position of chief operating officer,
and Michael A. Daniels continues to serve as chairman of
the board for NSI."

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

[2] @@@ http://www.iahc.org/iahcmembers.html

WASHINGTON, DC, November 12, 1996...

"Dr. Donald N. Telage, president of the Herndon, Virginia - based
Network Solutions, Inc., which manages the InterNIC Registry
administering the .com, .net, .edu, and .org top level domains,
said: "Network Solutions has supported the registration process
and the growth of the Internet since 1991. We have seen its
evolution from a research and education tool to a powerful medium
for global communication and collaboration. The National Science
Foundation has played a critical role in the early governance activities,
and we support the Internet Society's efforts to review issues
critical to the future of Internet growth, evolution and governance.
Network Solutions will participate and support this effort
enthusiastically supplying our extensive operational knowledge
as needed."

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

[3] @@@@ http://www.arin.net/arin_board.html

"Proposed Board Of Trustees"

"Donald N. Telage, Ph.D, President and Chief Operating
Officer at Network Solutions Inc.since January 1995 following
its acquisition by Science Applications International Corporation
(SAIC). He has grown NSI into a key Internet company and the
world technology leader in Internet Registration services.
His prior experience with SAIC, from 1986 to 1995, involved
a progression in executive management culminating with
the position of Senior Vice President managing the
Telecommunications Technology Operating Group, which he
started. While at GTE from 1980 to 1985, he held a variety
of systems engineering positions, both technical and
management, involving data communications systems
design. Prior to 1980, Dr. Telage was a faculty member
in mathematics and computer science at several universities,
and conducted parallel research programs. He has
become active in the governance community of the Internet,
and he is a frequent speaker on matters of governance
and administration of Internet infrastructure."

[4] @@@ http://www.netsol.com

Gabriel A. Battista, CEO
Robert Korzeniewski , CFO
Don Telage, Senior VP Internet Relations and Special Projects
David Holtzman, Senior VP of Engineering
Chris Clough, Director of Communications
Chuck Gomes, Director of Customer Programs