Domain Rant. [re: should be in iahc list if it existed]

Karl Denninger karl at Mcs.Net
Fri Mar 21 18:15:40 UTC 1997

On Fri, Mar 21, 1997 at 12:59:09PM -0500, Tim Gibson wrote:

> On Fri, 21 Mar 1997, Paul A Vixie wrote:
>
> > > I think it is time ISPs take the matter in their hands.  I.e. let ISPs
> > > to perform registrations.  Root serer operators can ensure uniqueness
> > > just fine.
> >
> > this is definitely where we are headed if the IAHC proposal stalls.  i'm
> > already in contact with some of the larger ISPs about this subject.
>
> It's not bad enough that Mr. Postel throws out an RFC process mid stream
> and assumes god mode. Now you are pulling authority out of the air
> aswell? Guys if you want your god mode, play by the rules that you set
> down or go change those rules first! This "group of 7" b.s. is wearing
> very thin and you're only going to find more business consumers of the
> net legally dragging you across the carpet for it.
>
> Tim Gibson

Bingo.

There has already been one Sherman Act related lawsuit filed.  Collude with
others and RICO gets added to the mix.

Karl Denninger (karl at MCS.Net)| MCSNet - The Finest Internet Connectivity
http://www.mcs.net/~karl     | T1's from $600 monthly to FULL DS-3 Service
			     | 99 Analog numbers, 77 ISDN, Web servers $75/mo
Voice: [+1 312 803-MCS1 x219]| Email to "info at mcs.net" WWW: http://www.mcs.net/
Fax:   [+1 312 803-4929]     | 2 FULL DS-3 Internet links; 400Mbps B/W Internal