Domain Rant.

Paul A Vixie paul at vix.com
Fri Mar 21 17:54:08 UTC 1997

> The "what do we do about more roots/domains/etc" stuff is a different
> discussion not directly related to the current problem; I don't think
> anyone would harbor any illusions that we can get the problems fixed
> this week any way but InterNIC fixing them.  But if InterNIC doesn't
> deal with this appropriately, next week it may be an issue with a half
> life of a week or two instead of a year or two as it has been so far.
> Whether it's nanog appropriate or not is another story.

I think you need to petition IANA directly (Postel, at least, does not
read NANOG that I know of) to freeze the .COM zone until InterNIC stops
screwing up the billing.  I take hardware from InterNIC, but I get my
marching orders from IANA, and if he says "stop transferring new .COM
zones from InterNIC" then I will make that change instantly, and so will
the rest of the roots.