Domain Rant. [re: should be in iahc list if it existed]

Tim Gibson tim at taggnet.skyscape.net
Fri Mar 21 17:59:09 UTC 1997

On Fri, 21 Mar 1997, Paul A Vixie wrote:

> > I think it is time ISPs take the matter in their hands.  I.e. let ISPs
> > to perform registrations.  Root serer operators can ensure uniqueness
> > just fine.
>
> this is definitely where we are headed if the IAHC proposal stalls.  i'm
> already in contact with some of the larger ISPs about this subject.

It's not bad enough that Mr. Postel throws out an RFC process mid stream
and assumes god mode. Now you are pulling authority out of the air
aswell? Guys if you want your god mode, play by the rules that you set
down or go change those rules first! This "group of 7" b.s. is wearing
very thin and you're only going to find more business consumers of the
net legally dragging you across the carpet for it.

Tim Gibson