Domain Rant.

Dave Crocker dcrocker at imc.org
Fri Mar 21 15:26:36 UTC 1997

At 6:16 AM -0800 3/21/97, Karl Denninger wrote:
>If CORE decides to hike the maintenance fee in Year 2, 3 or 4, all
>registrars will have to pass that fixed cost of doing business on to their

	CORE is required to be strictly cost-recovery.  CORE is a creature
of the registrars, in the aggregate AND is subject to the POC which means
that there is public oversight.  Whimsical and excessive increases in
charges won't happen.

	eDNS cannot make any such assurances about domains subject to
monopoly control.

d/

ps.  sorry, folks.  I know you want this off the list, but misinformation
begs a response.

Dave Crocker, Director                                       +1 408 246 8253
Internet Mail Consortium                                 (f) +1 408 249 6205
127 Segre Place                                             dcrocker at imc.org
Santa Cruz, CA  95060 USA                                 http://www.imc.org

Also: IAHC member, expressing personal opinions          http://www.iahc.org