Domain Rant.

Michael Dillon michael at memra.com
Fri Mar 21 04:06:16 UTC 1997

On Thu, 20 Mar 1997, Karl Denninger wrote:

> > IAHC's proposal fixes the problem folks are seeing with NS today.
>
> No it doesn't.
>
> If you register with someone, pay them, and they claim never to have
> received payment you're just as screwed.  They hold or delete your
> record and you end up paying again.

My understanding is that the precise protocol used to register a new name
has not been frozen yet. This issue can be addressed if CORE requires a
non-repudiable transaction from a registrar in order to register a domain
or to update its payment status.

And even if the IAHC were so foolish as to not consider this possibility
they certainly did create a Policy Oversight Committee that can change
procedures at any time.

http://www.iahc.org/draft-iahc-recommend-00.html

Memra Software Inc.              -                  Fax: +1-250-546-3049