Domain Rant.

Eric Germann ekgermann at cctec.com
Fri Mar 21 03:19:41 UTC 1997

Not to mention the fact their automated pay by CC over the phone scam
doesn't recognize their invoice numbers...

At 07:01 PM 3/20/97 -0800, maillists wrote:

>> Add us to the list of 'paid and put on hold'.  We host ipdmug.org, which
>> recently had the same thing happen.  You can guess what a burden it was to
>> finally get matters resolved.
>
>I know this does not exactly belong here, several
>of our customers have reported spending days on hold
>just trying to reach a person at Network Solutions so
>their paid domain will not go on hold. I have heard
>from three such customers just today morning.
>
>It is worse if you paid for more than one domain in
>a single credit card transaction. There is no email
>receipt or a record that matches the money paid to
>a specific domain name.
>
>If anyone has ideas how to get Network Solutions
>to fix this operational problem _now_, so these
>domains do not go off line, please post here.

====
Eric Germann				Computer and Communications Technologies
ekgermann at cctec.com			Van Wert, OH 45891
					Phone:	419 968 2640
http://www.cctec.com			Fax:	419 968 2641

Network Design, Connectivity & System Integration Services
A Microsoft Solution Provider