Domain Rant.

Geoff White geoffw at precipice.v-site.net
Fri Mar 21 00:47:23 UTC 1997

> On Thu, 20 Mar 1997, George Herbert wrote:
>

> > Whether or not InterNIC feels like putting people who haven't
> > paid on hold, doing so to people who have paid is completely
> > irresponsible.  Despite having cancelled check literally in hand,
> > I'm on hold.  I got a notice 10 days ago and sent them a response
> > that i had the cancelled check.  TODAY, they put me on hold and said
> > "sorry, we have no record of this, please send us the check
> > date and details" rather than ask me that first and then
> > put me on hold if I couldn't provide them.
> >
> > I will be lobbying to have InterNICs contract voided immediately
> > for failure to keep proper records and act in a responsible
> > manner with its fee operations if this goes on.  The "is registry
> > something that is charged for" debate is one thing, but gross
> > mismanagement is another.

I too have been affected by this. After paying for domain names months
ago.
The internic is telling me that they didn't receive payment.
This is down right incompetant to say the least.  People pay their money
and then the burden of proof is on THEM? This is total Bulls*it.

					Geoff White
					Virtual Sites