usable T1 bandwidth

David Carmean dlc at avtel.net
Tue Mar 18 20:36:13 UTC 1997

On Tue, Mar 18, 1997 at 12:19:00PM -0700, Randy Bush wrote:
> > where is the "approved topics list" by the way ...
>
> That question is not an approved topic?
>
> BTW, of what national network are you an operator?
>
> randy

Look, all you arrogant, self-important fscks!  Knock it off with the
secret handshake gag already.  And stop playing "my network (penis) is
bigger than your network (penis)".

This is an open list; I don't find a /list/ charter or FAQ anywhere.  If
you want to start a country club, make a closed list somewhere.

A polite "that question is more appropriately asked on the inet-access
list" or similar would have been just fine.

You bitch about new network operators who don't know how to keep their
BGP announcements clean, and who don't know about the politics and
procedures of peering vs. transit, and the NAPs and elsewhere.  But
let someone come here and try to learn, and you turn your nose up and
try to shame them out of your sight.

You should be ashamed of yourselves.

--
David Carmean                                           <dlc at avtel.net>
Avtel Communications, Santa Barbara, CA			+1-805-730-7740