measurement

Michael Dillon michael at memra.com
Mon Mar 10 03:51:00 UTC 1997

On Sun, 9 Mar 1997, Aleph One wrote:

> > The IPPM WG is trying to work upward from a sound theoretical base.  See the
> > other IPPM drafts and mailing list archives.
>
> May I also suggest people take a look a Treno. If used consistently and
> regularly it may give a rought estimate of connection quality for end
> users across networks.

NLANR has a summary of measurement tools here
http://www.nlanr.net/Caidants/meastools.html that has a link to more TReno
information and you can try it out from PSC via this WWW forms interface
http://www.psc.edu/~pscnoc/treno.html

Memra Software Inc.              -                  Fax: +1-250-546-3049