MCI noc

E Gutierrez route at ceap.net
Thu Mar 6 00:41:36 UTC 1997

Greetings-

   I work for the Network Operations Center for the Army Corps of
Engineers.  We (ceap.net) are basically the ISP for the entire Corps.  One
of our internet service gateways is provided by MCI and we are having a
hell of a time getting a service issue with them resolved. Some time at
about 1:00 pm PST that gateway went down.  Apparently, someone in their
provisioning group has decided to administratively shut down their
interface to us. That much I gathered from talking to someone in their
Internet group. He couldn't give me a good reason why this was the case
and the vapid account managers can't even find a circuit id and can't get
their connections to the MCI noc to do anything. I haven't been able to
get a hold of any one from their Internet group since then. This is
absurd.  Is there anyone from MCI here who might be able to give me a
hand?

Esteban Gutierrez
US Army Corps Of Engineers
CEAP Network Operations