Firewall in Routers??

Michael Dillon michael at memra.com
Tue Mar 4 03:10:09 UTC 1997

On Mon, 3 Mar 1997, Andrew Smith wrote:

> > PIX is more of an address translation unit with firewalling
> > capabilities.
> > Firewall-1 is a fully functional Firewall with limited address
> > translation.

What about Gauntlet? Or Juniper? Or the TIS FWTK? Or Borderware?
Or the Livingston IRX 112? Or KarlBrouter? Or the Norman Firewall?
Or Sidewinder?

And these are only a few of the dozens of commercial firewalls with
features out the wazoo. Read LAN magazine and Network Computing for
product tests and reviews. Hire a security consultant.

I know what you're asking... What does all this stuff have to do with
running a continent-spanning public network? Nothing at all, of course.

So send one of the following two messages to majordomo at greatcircle.com

subscribe firewalls
subscribe firewalls-digest

Hey, if you're *REALLY* interested you could send both of them!

Memra Software Inc.              -                  Fax: +1-250-546-3049