Routing Protocol Simulators -Reply

neal castagnoli neal_castagnoli at novell.com
Mon Mar 3 02:33:10 UTC 1997

Craig,

Novell built one for NLSP.  NLSP models the IS - IS protocol for IPX.  The
simulator creates a variety of topologies, allows you to specify change
rates in those topologies, and also allows you to create your own.  Some
of the topologies are a cube, one that models what an ISP deploying IPX
might look like, and one that models RIP.  I'm not sure whether additional
topologies have been added.

You can contact AE Natarajan for more information (he is copied on this
email message).

  --Neal

At 18:02 -0500 2/28/97, Daniel O Awduche wrote:
>I am in need of routing protocol simulators, and would be
>most appreciative if information can be provided on
>available packages (commercial and/or public domain).
>In particular, packages that can provide realistic
>simulation of the ISIS and/or OSPF protocols would be
>most ideal.
>
>Thank you for your time.
>
>Daniel Awduche.
>awduche at zonker.ecs.umass.edu

Try calling Prof. Ranbir Sidu. Their product may be of interest.

TeleniX Corporation (TELENIX-DOM)
   3982 White Rose Way
   Ellicott City, MD 21042-5822
   USA

   Domain Name: TELENIX.COM

   Administrative Contact:
      Sidhu, Ranbir  (RS2941)  telenix at ACCESS.DIGEX.NET
      (410)750-3213
   Technical Contact, Zone Contact:
      Clark Internet Services, Inc.  (CIS5-ORG)  dns at CLARK.NET
      (410) 995-0550
Fax- (410) 995-0495
   Billing Contact:
      Sidhu, Ranbir  (RS2941)  telenix at ACCESS.DIGEX.NET
      (410)750-3213

   Record last updated on 20-Jan-97.
   Record created on 01-Aug-96.

-craig

Craig A. Haney            Cando Consulting - The Internetwork People
703.448.9826 :Tel         2031 Madrillon Springs Court
703.448.9786 :Fax         Vienna, VA 22182-3764
                          http://seamless.kludge.net