"routing table slots" and the real problem

Vadim Antonov avg at pluris.com
Sun Mar 2 23:48:48 UTC 1997

>however, to the degree this has caused people to conclude that the real
>problem is "just" memory it is a red herring and a grave disservice.  this
>topic has caused more witch-hunting and suspension of reason by otherwise
>smart people than anything in recent memory.

Yes, the level of confusion (pun intended) surrounding these issues is
very high.

BTW, i agree with your conclusion (that scarcity of cycles is the issue)
completely.

I'd like to point out that flap dampening is a band-aid; the real solutions
are in eliminating sources of flap, rather than easying symptoms.

--vadim