Keynote/Boardwatch Internet Backbone Index A better test!!!

Ken Leland kwl at shell.monmouth.com
Mon Jun 30 23:39:20 UTC 1997

b3n wrote:

> you mean the average speed *to the known to be badly positioned in the
> network server*.  i am quite certain performance is dramatically faster to

Just out of curiosity, why do many (not all) of the large backbone providers
establish their face to the web (their corporate webserver) on slow,
badly positioned machines? I would have thought they would have chosen
differently. We do, but we are not as sophisticated. I can see how
Jack might have been confused, perhaps he is not so sophisticated also.

Ken Leland
Monmouth Internet