Keynote/Boardwatch Internet Backbone Index A better test!!!

J.D. Falk jdfalk at cybernothing.org
Sun Jun 29 20:55:17 UTC 1997

On Jun 27, Ben Black <black at zen.cypher.net> wrote:

> in your scenario, customers are considered secondary to having great
> performance on the corporate home page...sounds like a good way to loose
> customers, but a great way to look good on some contrived and ambiguous
> benchmark.

	I am certain that there are people at many backbones who
	are currently planning out how to do exactly this.

	So, even if the Keynote results can be contrived to have
	any validity now, such validity will be diminished in a
	very short order by such techniques as distributed mirrors,
	"intrusive" cacheing, and probably a lot of things that
	most of us have never really thought about before this.

J.D. Falk                                        voice: +1-415-482-2840
Supervisor, Network Operations                     fax: +1-415-482-2844
PRIORI NETWORKS, INC.                             http://www.priori.net
           "The People You Know.  The People You Trust."