Keynote/Boardwatch Internet Backbone Index A better test!!!

Ben Black black at zen.cypher.net
Sat Jun 28 01:54:42 UTC 1997

On Fri, 27 Jun 1997, Jack Rickard wrote:

> Am I corresponding with an adult here?
>
> I have absolutely no interest in whether you 'trust me" or not.  And I'm
> not asking for anyone to trust me.  It's an absurd notion and it would
> never occur to me to posit it.  We put the full report in both the
> directory and the magazine.  You just haven't seen it yet.  We haven't
> shipped the copies yet.  We haven't mailed them.  It's 40 PAGES OF GRAPHS
> and explanation.  It's NOT a secret.  It's NOT hidden.  It is VERY MUCH
> subject to comment and criticism.  But you sure have a lot of comments and

we are commenting and critizing based on the infromation provided.  if
that information is incomplete or misleading, that is entirely your
fault, not ours.  based on the statements made here by numerous members
of the operations staff of ISPs it seems likely that i am not alone in
thinking: 1) the information released thus far on this report is
disturbingly misleading, and 2) you have absolutely no network
engineering knowledge.

> criticisms, for someone who hasn't seen it YET.  You WILL see it.  You're
> WELCOME to see it.  I WANT you to see it.  I'm a publisher if you'll
> recall.  But the point is that you haven't seen it yet.  Your 28.8/DS-3
> analogy is infantile beyond words.  Grow up.

more insults and no content.  i sense a pattern.