Keynote/Boardwatch Internet Backbone Index A better test!!!

J.D. Falk jdfalk at cybernothing.org
Fri Jun 27 20:46:23 UTC 1997

On Jun 27, Jack Rickard <jack.rickard at boardwatch.com> wrote:

> Keynote does a "Top 40" study of 40 popular web sites and I believe they
> make the results available on their web site.  It is interesting to observe
> performance variations of the network as a whole over time.  Other than
> that, we don't have much interest in it.  It is indicative of no specific
> network, but of the Internet in general.

	Where does my network end and the Internet in general begin?

	Where does your testing equipment end and the Internet
	in general begin?

	Along those lines, I'm happy to announce that I'm prepared
	to offer one megabyte of FREE web space to any backbone.
	It will be hosted on www.cybernothing.org, a FreeBSD
	machine running Apache, currently co-located with Erol's
	and soon to move to the Priori office.

	Every backbone whose web page is hosted on my server is
	almost guranteed to have equal network performance in the
	eyes of Keynote, Boardwatch, and anybody nieve enough to
	believe them.

	I'll even put the same 10k file in each directory.  *grin*

J.D. Falk                                        voice: +1-415-482-2840
Supervisor, Network Operations                     fax: +1-415-482-2844
PRIORI NETWORKS, INC.                             http://www.priori.net
           "The People You Know.  The People You Trust."