Internet Backbone Index

Chris A. Icide chris at nap.net
Thu Jun 26 22:55:53 UTC 1997

Interesting enough,

Take this little tidbit.  The methodology in general was performance
testing of the backbone's web site.  (Which in itself is probably an
accurate measurement goal for the level of subscribers to that
magazine)  However, Nap.Net's web site was sitting behind a
Fractional T1 off of our chicago node while the web page was
being overhauled during this test period.  So, the rating for
Nap.Net reflects a Fractional (actually 22 channels) T1
performance.  This is interesting in the light that Nap.Net
still scored above the average and the median.

Chris