DOMAIN STEALING?

Jon Green jcgreen at netins.net
Wed Jun 25 15:28:35 UTC 1997

On Wed, 25 Jun 1997 09:15:06 -0600, vir at utah-net.net writes:

>What is your intention for submitting the modification template below?

What is your intention for copying this garbage to NANOG?

This brings up something I posted to comp.dcom.sys.wellfleet the other day.
We badly need a "user clue metric" added to BGP.  That way we can set up
filters to block traffic from sites that don't meet a minimum threshold
for clue level, and thus eliminate email like the one above.

Bay already has this feature scheduled for software release 47 (same release
as the voice-activated configuration tool), so hopefully Cisco will implement
this also.

Maybe I'll write the RFC this weekend. :)

-Jon

    *      Jon Green            *         "Life's a dance             *
   *   jcgreen at netINS.net       *          you learn as you go"        *
  *  Finger for Geek Code/PGP   *                                       *
 *  #include "std_disclaimer.h" * http://www.netins.net/showcase/jcgreen *