Network IP analysis?

Tim Peiffer peiffer at nts.umn.edu
Wed Jun 25 12:39:09 UTC 1997

MRTG is a great graphing tool for small applications.  Unfortunately
the package does not scale very well for my purposes.  The snmp polling
and data storage in the logfiles are areas that I have problems with
using MRTG.  Are there any other viable alternatives to MRTG, or are
there any existing mods to mrtg that graph right out of a file rather
than polling for itself?   I already have the data I need and would
like to reuse it.  If possible I would like to have a package that
is separated into 3 sections.  One section can be called upon to
do polling or gathering data out of a repository.  The second can
be called upon to do statistics runs.  The 3rd can be called to provide
graphs on demand.

Tim Peiffer 	    	    	    	peiffer at nts.umn.edu
Networking and Telecommunications Services
University of Minnesota                 +1 612 626 7884 desk
2221 University Ave			+1 612 625 0006 problems
Suite 145				+1 612 626 1002 fax
Minneapolis MN 55455, USA