Lots of non-existant networks

Eric D. Madison madison at acsi.net
Wed Jun 18 19:19:37 UTC 1997

There still seems to be a lot of Routes out there that are not in the
RADB.  I know that ANS is not excepting routes not in a routing database,
and others are starting to follow.  It's a good idea!

I am not getting some of these routes because of the lack of an RADB
entry, and it's very frustrating..

Anyone else having the same problems??

Ohh one more thing.. Seems that there are also some routes that are being
advertised that don't even have a InterNIC/RIPE/APNIC entry either..
If they don't have an entry, then they are not real "Valid" routes, so I
don't want to route them.. but the Origin is from a large
provider..  any suggestions?  Seems that they have build their whole
infrastructure on these routes too.

Eric

      Eric D. Madison - Senior Network Engineer -
 ACSI - Advanced Data Services - ATM/IP Backbone Group
   24 Hour NMC/NOC (800)291-7889 Email: noc at acsi.net