Any from PSI on this list?

Justin W. Newton justin at priori.net
Mon Jun 16 18:09:24 UTC 1997

At 09:41 AM 6/16/97 -0700, Wayne Bouchard wrote:
>I've heard this from various networks as well. While I find it
>annoying, it does serve usefull purposes. More peering sessions mean
>higher CPU load.

Has anyone actually studied how much load adding a peering session is?  How
much is added if the peering session is via the RS (I.e. how much does it
add to hear X routes from a new source).  This seems like something that
would be nice to know.

Justin W. Newton                  voice: +1-415-482-2840
Senior Network Architect            fax: +1-415-482-2844
PRIORI NETWORKS, INC.              http://www.priori.net
Director At Large, ISP/C           http://www.ispc.org
"The People You Know.  The People You Trust."