Digital SNMP Pollable Thermometers

Thomas Novak thomas at patriot.net
Sat Jun 14 16:53:15 UTC 1997

Sorry got in late here but I believe this thread started as a RFI on SNMP
Pollable Thermometers. You may want to inquire further with American Power
Conversion http://www.apcc.com/.

They make a component called a Measure-UPS that can monitor temperature and
humidity. The unit mounts in an expansion unit and MIB is mapped to
temperature and humidity

It also has I believe four dry contact switches that can be hooked to a
variety of devices. The status of the switches are controlled via
dip-switches on the unit as to whether the are normally open or normally
closed. I have used the Measure-UPS unit with a microswitch mounted in my
remote equipment door.

If some on enters a trap is sent and alerts my SNMP manager. I can verify
if the entrance is authorized or not.

HTH

_Thomas