usdns.org

William Allen Simpson wsimpson at greendragon.com
Thu Jun 12 18:27:07 UTC 1997

> From: Eric Kozowski <kozowski at structured.net>
> I received the following from Jon Postel.  Posted with his permission.
>
> >The USDNS organization is esentially a broker for domain names in the
> >US (and maybe other) domains.
> >In the world there are many such services, we all make tradeoffs every
> >day between doing something ourselves vs using a service to do it for
> >us.  We all trade money vs time and/or knowledge and/or skill.
> >The US Domain Administration does not make any recommendations positive
> >or negative about such services.

Great.  Just wanted to be clear on this official policy.  We can still
register ourselves without paying any service, anywhere in the US domain.

And any "service", fee or no fee, can update the _same_ subdomains.
There is no subdomain "ownership".

Also, there was another posting saying that IANA had made a limitation
last year for each "service" only serving 50 US sub-domains.

I didn't see any such announcement.  Could you update the US domain RFC
accordingly?

WSimpson at UMich.edu
BSimpson at MorningStar.com