usdns.org

Craig A. Huegen c-huegen at quadrunner.com
Wed Jun 11 20:09:07 UTC 1997

On Wed, 11 Jun 1997, Eric Kozowski wrote:

==>I just received a fishy call from a guy a usdns.org.  Bottom line is they want
==>to bill for .US domain registrations and give us a kickback for the .US
==>subdomains that we host.
==>
==>What do any of you know about this group?

Well, since the two organizations are completely different (.us TLD is
hosted by IANA/ISI), I'd say tell them to stuff it and cc:
us-domain at isi.edu.

chuegen at chuegen-sun:7:~>whois us-dom | more
United States of America top-level domain (US-DOM)
   Internet Assigned Numbers Authority (IANA)
   c/o
   University of Southern California
   Information Sciences Institute
   4676 Admiralty Way
   Marina del Rey, CA 90292

   Domain Name: US

   Administrative Contact, Technical Contact, Zone Contact:
      United States Domain Registrar  (USDR)  us-domain at ISI.EDU
      (310) 822-1511

[~~~]

chuegen at chuegen-sun:8:~>whois usdns.org
[rs.internic.net]
Name Consortium, Inc. (USDNS3-DOM)
   417 E. Sheridan St. Suite 127
   Dania, FL 33004
   US

   Domain Name: USDNS.ORG

   Administrative Contact, Technical Contact, Zone Contact:
      Brownley, Oprah Basil  (OBB2)  oprah at USDNS.COM
      954 922-1899 (FAX) 954 922-1652

[~~~]

/cah