NSP ... New Information

Larry Vaden vaden at texoma.net
Mon Jun 9 02:36:41 UTC 1997

At 06:57 PM 6/8/97 PDT, Randy Bush wrote:
>> Should InterNIC grant small ISPs (this one serves a rural area between
>> Dallas and Oklahoma City) fully routable and portable IP space?
>
>You are talking about a scarce resource.  The InterNIC should allocate as
>much space as can be justified for real use.  We discussed this to death a
>long time ago.
>
>randy

Has the situation changed since a long time ago?

What scare resources, if any, should a rural ISP serving a rural area of
say, 250K people, be allocated?

Should the rural ISP be allowed the scarce resources to multi-home with
portable IP space and thus be allowed to offer diversity and redundancy to
customers?

Your thoughts and those of others are appreciated.

Regards,

Larry Vaden, founder and CEO               help-desk 903-813-4500
Internet Texoma, Inc. <http://www.texoma.net> direct 903-870-0365
bringing the real Internet to rural Texomaland   fax 903-868-8551
Member ISP/C, TISPA and USIPA                  pager 903-867-6571